Author Topic: 2017 IMSA Petit Le Mans  (Read 91 times)

Offline Alianora La Canta

• International Silver
  • Rookie
2017 IMSA Petit Le Mans
« on: September 29, 2017, 12:33:38 AM »
Fisico and Toni's team-mate for Petit Le Mans has been announced. It is Alessandro Pier Guidi, who was last seen winning the GTE-Pro class of the 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas. This is going to be a really strong team :)

• International Silver
  • Rookie
Re: 2017 IMSA Petit Le Mans
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 12:40:47 AM »
Unfortuantely, it turned out that I didn't get to see or hear any of the race. However, I can confirm that Toni got a brilliant class pole. Bravo Toni! In the race, Fisico led the race for ages, but unfortunately there was a pit lane speeding penalty (don't know who earned it, but Fisico took it*), so he, Toni and Alessandro had to settle for a 3rd place. They still seemed happy on the podium, and Fisico declared the race "fantastic".

* - Unlike, say, F1, the person who takes the penalty is not necessarily the culprit. The penalty is awarded to the car that breaches the rules. At busy times it can take up to 40 minutes to assess a penalty for a low-level issue like pit lane speeding. However, the stewards do not wait for the speeder to regain control of the car before requiring the penalty to be taken. So it's entirely possible that the speeding could have been done by whoever was driving before Fisico.

Offline Marja

• Rookie
  • Rookie
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 07:05:19 PM »
Thanks for the race report comments! Do you know if Autosport or something motor sport site has done their report too? Like Auto Hebdo?
Best luck for the whole team! :)

• International Silver
  • Rookie
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 12:35:01 AM »
Autosport's full report came out on Thursday, but it was rubbish - their two-page report contained two paragrahs (one had only a single sentence) on GTLM, and not a word about the Risi. Had they anything useful to report, I'd have mentioned it on here, but sadly they do not. The free report on Italiaracing is better (link in Italian), at least they managed a sentence on "our" car!

Auto Hebdo's full report has been published (in French) (they publish on Tuesdays) but I haven't read it yet. The digital copy is usually 2 and the print version 4. They have posted YouTube videos of the whole race on their site.

Autosprint (in Italian) would also have a race review of Petit Le Mans. Their print edition is 3, and I'm not sure how much the digital version is.

I'm not sure who would have a good review in Spanish, which I know is also of interest to you.