Author Topic: Blancpain 3 Hours of Silverstone  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Alianora La Canta

• International Silver
  • Rookie
Blancpain 3 Hours of Silverstone
« on: May 20, 2017, 02:30:55 PM »
I will write about my weekend at Silverstone watching Fisico later. However, I do wish to point out that being there at the track didn't help much with understanding what was happening in the race. That may seem strange. However, the commentary was not accessible to me for most of the weekend because the track radio was on a different frequency (Medium-wave, or MW) to the one my portable radios were able to use and that the track usually uses (FM). So although I could tell that Fisico was having a bad day on Sunday and seemed to be going backwards despite overtaking people and fighting hard, I didn't really know why.

Thanks to this article in Actu Moteurs (in French), I now do. Somehow, the #55 got 3 penalties in the race. Firstly, Marco Cioci got a false start. I did wonder, because he got a very good one, but my view of his start was blocked by the Bentley beside it, whose start was only a little worse (presumably just "worse" enough). I will add that Marco was promptly slowed down by the cars ahead making sluggish starts, and therefore gained little from it.

Fisico then had two crashes, one with a Bentley and the other with a McLaren. Nobody seemed to be any the worse for the damage. Unfortuantely, Giancarlo got the blame, and penalties, for both crashes. As a result, the #55 Kapersky spent lots of time in the pits and finished 23rd.

All 3 drivers spoke to Actu Moteurs afterwards (in French). Fisico seems to be very positive about the Blancpain series even if the race did not go so well.

Offline Alianora La Canta

• International Silver
  • Rookie
Re: Blancpain 3 Hours of Silverstone
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 09:51:55 AM »