Author Topic: Australian GT Championship  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
  • National A
Australian GT Championship
« on: March 06, 2018, 04:36:17 PM »
For the first time this decade, Fisico is going to compete in Australia, in the Australian GT. He's sharing a Kapersky Labs Ferrari 488 with Peter Edwards (an Australian bronze-rated driver I've never heard of before) in four 25-minute support races for the Australian Grand Prix (one on each of the four days the event is held). Since I cannot imagine there would be time for a pit stop in a 25-minute race, I would assume they will do two races each.

Offline Alianora La Canta

• International Silver
  • Rookie
Re: Australian GT Championship
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 07:35:11 PM »
The Australian GT qualifying sessions will be in a few hours' time, with one race each day from Thursday to Sunday. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to watch or listen to any of these races, or even exactly what times they are on.

• International Silver
  • Rookie
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 07:43:12 AM »
Fisico, who is using his helmet from last year, qualified 2nd for the first Australian GT race. I believe it is in progress at the moment, but cannot see any messages about it yet. The official F1 Twitter feed told everyone to look out for him.

• International Silver
  • Rookie
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 06:50:35 AM »
In the first race of the weekend, Fisico converted his P2 into a second place. He looks happy to be in Australia. Bravo Fisico!

Here is a photo from Lucas of Fisico in action, and one from Rumb1estrip of his Maranello Motorsports car being pushed through parc fermé.

• International Silver
  • Rookie
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 11:22:48 PM »
I don't know how Fisico went on the last Australian GT race. He hasn't mentioned being on the podium, so it doesn't seem to have been as successful as the first race. Still, Fisico seems content in this post (complete with tower with fire effects).

Also, here is an interview Fisico did with Motorsport M8, which discusses Fisico's victory in Australia 2005, the Ferrari adventure and his opinion of Ferrari's chances. Fisico's hopes have been answered  8)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 11:27:48 PM by Alianora La Canta »