Author Topic: Blancpain Sprint GT  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Alianora La Canta

• International Silver
  • Rookie
Blancpain Sprint GT
« on: March 14, 2018, 03:39:49 PM »
Fisico has been testing at Paul Ricard. What makes this slightly odd is that he's tagged the photo Blancpain GT. Now, the car he's photographed with (a #54 Spirit of Race/AF Corse) is in the Pro-Am of the Blancpain Sprint GT series. Which leaves the question: is Giancarlo joining the Blancpain Sprint GT series as well as WEC and Italian/Australian GT?

This year promises to be super-awesome :D

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
  • International Tin
Re: Blancpain Sprint GT
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 05:20:23 PM »
Fisico has given an interview in Tuttomotoriweb.com (link in Italian) about his racing for the year, Valentino Rossi's chances of being successful if he switched to F1 and Christopher's chances of becoming the second Fisichella to be highly successful in motor racing.

English translation below:

Exclusive, Giancarlo Fisichella: "Rossi immediately winning in F1? No"

The Italian rider spoke to us in an exclusive interview with us at Tuttomotoriweb
By Antonio Russo-
14/03/2018

F1 | Exclusive interview with Giancarlo Fisichella

Giancarlo Fisichella wrote the recent history of F1. The Roman pilot was the last Italian who managed to win a F1 race (March 19, 2006) in Malaysia aboard the Renault, which at the end of the year obtained world championship for Constructors and Drivers with Fernando Alonso. In his career he proved to be a driver of great substance.

In his F1 career, Giancarlo Fisichella has won 3 races and has risen onto the podium 19 times. After a wandering career, since 2009 he landed in Ferrari to replace the injured Massa. From that season finale, he became tester of the Rosso and the reference man in Maranello regarding endurance races. We at Tuttomotoriweb.com have had the pleasure and honour to interview him for you.

How did your passion for cars start?

My father gave me the passion for racing as a child, we always saw them on TV and I pretended to drive in front of the TV. Then at 8 years old took me to try a kart to the Pista d’Oro. I didn't want to get out. It all started that day.

In your career, which was the driver that impressed you the most?

As a child, I liked Lauda because my father was a fan too. Then growing up I am obviously fond of Senna. I also had the privilege of running with great contemporary champions such as Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso, Vettel and Hamilton.

What are your goals for this season?

This year I will have with Ferrari many competitive commitments, starting from FIAWEC where I with the team Spirit Of Race, the goal is to improve the results of last year and aim for the Championship, of course also at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I also participate in the Italian GT championship with the Baldini team, even here the goal is the championship. Finally I shall make some appearance even on the Blancpain GT Series, this league also fascinates me.

When it comes to motorsport we often speak only of Formula 1. Do you have any suggestions to increase the popularity of other 4-wheeled sports?

I am engaged in endurance and I can testify to the beauty of these championships, the cars involved in them. When I can, as in the transmission “Che tempo che fa” with Fazio, I try to speak about it, because unfortunately in Italy there is still little talk about it. The popularity will only increase through visibility of these races on TV. I hope you notice soon.

In the future would you be interested in an experience in Formula E, or is it a sport that does not attract you?

I never had this experience, I would be very curious, why not?

What has been the strongest emotion of your career today?

Definitely the victories in F1 and the victories of Le Mans. This year I will try to repeat this emotion because the podium of Le Mans is unique.

Who was your favourite driver as a child?

First Lauda and then Senna, of course I also appreciated other champions such as Mansell and Prost.

Do your children want to follow in your footsteps? Will there be a new Fisichella in motorsport?

My son Christopher tried a kart and also goes quickly, but at the moment I could not follow him as necessary, so he plays, he enjoys football with good results.

Valentino Rossi in the past has tried a Ferrari experiencing excellent results, in your opinion could be in F1 at the end of the career? What results could you get?

Valentino tried and made interesting times, but from here to say that he could be successful in F1 I could not say. It is very difficult in my opinion to arrive in that status in F1 and win, indeed I would say impossible.

Do you think Alonso has the stuff to win the 24 hours of Le Mans? Tell us your personal anecdote about him since you were his team mate?

Fernando is a great champion and can certainly also do well in endurance. He'll need time and track running because something changes in the driving style, but he'll learn right away and will become a winner here as well. There are many anecdotes, I'm glad that when talking about all teammates had reminds me with pleasure as the fastest. We spent beautiful moments and won 2 World Constructor's chammpionships together, we stayed and we will stay friends.

What does Fisichella want to do when he's older? Beyond the driver's life of course.

For now I run and I'm glad to do it. The stopwatch and the results say that I am still going strong, so for a few years I will still be on track. In the future I would still like to stay in the motorsport world, I would also like to develop new drivers; I have experience to transmit.

Antonio Russo

Offline Alianora La Canta

• International Silver
  • Rookie
Re: Blancpain Sprint GT
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 09:25:29 PM »
Fisico has posted a photo of himself and Marco Cioci (a team-mate) with the title "Waiting..."